Source: Victoria Police
Police are appealing for witnesses following seven burglaries in the Ballarat area over the weekend.
Thieves have targeted commercial businesses in each burglary, with the most recent committed early this morning where cash, cigarettes and a charity tin were stolen.
Detectives believe the below to be linked:
– a hair salon on Sturt Street, Ballarat shortly before 1am on Saturday 28 April
– a takeaway shop on Whiltshire Lane, Ballarat about 1.15am on Saturday 28 April
– a supermarket on Geelong Road, Ballarat shortly after 1.30am on Saturday 28 April
– a service station on Wallace Street, Meredith shortly before 3am on Saturday 28 April
– a supermarket on Pleasant Street, Ballarat shortly after 4.30am on Saturday 28 April
– a bowling club on Albert Street, Sebastopol about 5am on Saturday 28 April
– a golf club on Heinz Lane, Invermay Park shortly after 3am on Monday 30 April
Money and cigarettes were stolen during the majority of the burglaries.
A burnt out car was located in Scott Parade Ballarat and is believed to be linked to the burglaries.
Investigators urge anyone who noticed anyone acting suspiciously around any of the targeted businesses to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report online at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au